1. Scope & Our Commitment
Jolly Thinkers’ Learning Centre Limited, together with its branches (“we”, “our” or “us”), treats all personal data collected in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486) of the Laws of Hong Kong (as amended from time-to-time). We respect our customers’ and web-users’ legal rights of privacy when collecting, storing, using and transmitting their personal data:
· to put in place appropriate measures, policies and managerial procedures, in running our physical and virtual stores, to safeguard and secure the personal data that we have under our control;
· to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required;
· to only permit authorised personnel to access to the personal data on a “need-to-know” basis; and
· not to disclose the personal data to any external parties (except to our employees, subcontractors of database management and business partners), unless customers/web-users have agreed, or we are required by the laws or the directions of governmental body.
This PICS applies to all customers and web-users. For web-users, this PICS applies only to this website but not to other third-party sites being forwarded.
2. Collecting Personal Data
“Personal data”means any personally identifying information or sensitive data (such as name, phone number, residential/e-mail address, facsimile number, credit card information). Personal data may be collected by the following means:
· correspondences (letter, facsimile and e-mail);
· Internet site;
· point of sales;
· membership enrolment/customer loyalty programmes; and
· direct customer survey
Besides, through our website, we may also collect other information when one completes an on-line subscription, inquiry or order.
Customers/web-users who are under the age of 18 must consult with their parent or guardian before providing any personal data to us.
3. Using Personal Data
The purposes for which we may use customers’/web-users’ personal data are divided into obligatory purposes and voluntary purposes:
· obligatory purpose: “Required” will be marked on our forms or in data provision columns, and customers/web-users MUST provide his/her personal data to us if in need of our products or services for which being applied.
· voluntary purpose: it is entirely up to customers’/web-users’ choice of whether to provide soor not.
Purposes for collecting obligatory personal data include:
· providing goods and/or boardgaming services;
· enrolment into and maintaining membership;
· handling accumulated and/or redeemed bonus points or privileges;
· communicating entitlements and privileges to members;
· notification of any amendment to the membership programme;
· checking and verifying customers’ identity, credit payment and/or account status in relation to the provision of products and/or services;
· processing payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by customers;
· data cleansing and customers profile updates; and
· any other purposes to which customers/web-users have given consent.
Purposes for collecting voluntary personal data include :
· customer profile statistics;
· customer satisfaction survey;
· market research and analysis;
· business planning;
· direct marketing;
· new product launch and offers;
4. Rights to Opt-out, Access and Correction
If at any other point of time customers/web-users do not wish us to use his/her personal data for use in direct marketing as described above, they may exercise their opt-out rights by notifying us (see Contact Us below).
Customers/web-users may at any time contact us using the details below to request access to and/or correct his/her personal data in our records. We will respond to such requests within 31days and may, for doing so, charge a reasonable fee or request for proof of identity. Insofar as the law permits, however, we reserve the right to refuse to provide customers/web-users with information. In this eventuality, we will provide the reasons for refusal.
5. Contact Us
Should customers/web-users have any questions or concerns about this PICS, or wish to correct his/her personal data or remove the membership or choose not to receive any promotional materials, please contact us :
For e-Shop customers : via email:
For others : via post: Privacy Handler
Jolly Thinkers’ Learning Centre Ltd.
14/F, Sai Yeung Choi Street North,
Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
via email: email@example.com
6. Data Retention & Security
We shall keep customers’ and web-users’ personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data was collected. We may also retain archived personal data for statistical purposes. Personal data which is no longer required will be destroyed.
By using our website and/or providing personal data on-line or by signing our membership application forms etc., customers and web-users are deemed to acknowledge and agree to Shopline’s and our PrivacyPolicies.
This PICS may be updated and revised from time-to-time without prior notice. We recommend checking it occasionally.